Homosexual pedophiles sexually molest children at a far greater rate compared to the percentage of homosexuals in the general population.
- A study in the Journal of Sex Research found, as we have noted above, that Ã¢â‚¬Å“approximately one-third of [child sex offenders] had victimized boys and two-thirds had victimized girls.Ã¢â‚¬? The authors then make a prescient observation: Ã¢â‚¬Å“Interestingly, this ratio differs substantially from the ratio of gynephiles (men who erotically prefer physically mature females) to androphiles (men who erotically prefer physically mature males), which is at least 20 to 1.Ã¢â‚¬?
Freund, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Heterosexuality, Homosexuality, and Erotic Age Preference,Ã¢â‚¬? p. 107. In this and previous studies, Freund claims that homosexuals are no more likely than heterosexuals to be attracted to children (p. 115). However, Silverthorn, et al., mentions the limitations of studies by Freund and others: Ã¢â‚¬Å“Studies of homosexual male preferences are also limited. . . . The Freund et al. (1973) study was possibly compromised because the homosexual men used in the study were selected to be sexually attracted to adults, but not teenaged, males. The Bailey et al. (1994) study was limited in that it did not present participants with objective stimuli but simply asked participants to report what age of sexual partner they preferred . . . the Jankowiak et al. (1992) study . . . was limited in two ways: the homosexual male participants had a limited age range of Ã¢â‚¬Ëœmiddle-aged professionalsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ and the stimuli presented to participants were also of a limited age range (Ã¢â‚¬Ëœuniversity to middle-agedÃ¢â‚¬â„¢).Ã¢â‚¬? Silverthorn attempted to correct these deficiencies, and in his study found that homosexuals Ã¢â‚¬Å“preferred younger partners than those who preferred female partnersÃ¢â‚¬?Ã¢â‚¬â€including those as young as fifteen. Zebulon A. Silverthorne & Vernon L. Quinsey, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Sexual Partner Age Preferences of Homosexual and Heterosexual Men and Women,Ã¢â‚¬? Archives of Sexual Behavior 29 (February 2000): 67Ã¢â‚¬â€œ76.
In other words, although heterosexuals outnumber homosexuals by a ratio of at least 20 to 1, homosexual pedophiles commit about one-third of the total number of child sex offenses.
Similarly, the Archives of Sexual Behavior also noted that homosexual pedophiles are significantly overrepresented in child sex offence cases:
- The best epidemiological evidence indicates that only 2 to 4 percent of men attracted to adults prefer men (ACSF Investigators, 1992; Billy et al., 1993; Fay et al., 1989; Johnson et al., 1992); in contrast, around 25 to 40 percent of men attracted to children prefer boys (Blanchard et al., 1999; Gebhard et al., 1965; Mohr et al., 1964). Thus, the rate of homosexual attraction is 6 to 20 times higher among pedophiles.Ã¢â‚¬?
Ray Blanchard, et al., Ã¢â‚¬Å“Fraternal Birth Order and Sexual Orientation in Pedophiles,Ã¢â‚¬? Archives of Sexual Behavior 29 (2000): 464.
- The stark imbalance between homosexual and heterosexual child molestations was confirmed in the Archives of Sexual Behavior study itself, which divided 260 pedophile participants into three groups: Ã¢â‚¬Å“152 heterosexual pedophiles (men with offenses or self-reported attractions involving girls only), 43 bisexual pedophiles (boys and girls), and 65 homosexual pedophiles (boys only).Ã¢â‚¬? In other words, 25 percent of the offenders were homosexual pedophilesÃ¢â‚¬â€or 41 percent if those who molest girls as well as boys are included.
Other studies report an unusually high percentage of child molestations by homosexual pedophiles:
- A study on pedophilia in the Psychiatric Journal of the University of Ottawa reported: Ã¢â‚¬Å“According to the literature, findings of a two-to-one ratio of heterosexual to homosexual pedophiles have been documented.Ã¢â‚¬?
John M. W. Bradford, et al., Ã¢â‚¬Å“The Heterogeneity/Homogeneity of Pedophilia,Ã¢â‚¬? Psychiatric Journal of the University of Ottawa 13 (1988): 225. Elsewhere the study notes: Ã¢â‚¬Å“Researchers have variously estimated the incidence of homosexual pedophilia between 19 percent and 33 percent of reported molestations,Ã¢â‚¬? p. 218.
- The Journal of Sex Research reports a study that included Ã¢â‚¬Å“199 offenders against female children and 96 offenders against male children. . . . This would indicate a proportional prevalence of 32 percent of homosexual offenders against children.Ã¢â‚¬?
Freund, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Pedophilia and Heterosexuality vs. Homosexuality,Ã¢â‚¬? p. 197.
- A study of male child sex offenders in Child Abuse and Neglect found that fourteen percent targeted only males, and a further 28 percent chose males as well as females as victims, thus indicating that 42 percent of male pedophiles engaged in homosexual molestation.
Michele Elliott, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Child Sexual Abuse Prevention: What Offenders Tell Us,Ã¢â‚¬? Child Abuse and Neglect 19 (1995): 581.